The list below contains the minimum standard of
training that is required on a BFVEA Accredited course and the minimum
training for Practitioner Membership. Other subjects are encouraged and
will be specific to individual tutors.
1. The history of flower & vibrational essences and their development to include Dr. Edward Bach and the Bach Remedies
2. Varied opinions & definitions of flower & vibrational essences
3. Subtle energy & development of awareness in
- universal & human energy fields
- muscle testing
- use of intuiton
- personal energy management & integrity
4. Historical & cultural use of plants in healing (e.g. modern industrial use, traditional use.
5. Choosing essences for personal exploraion from at least 4 different producers
6. Preparation of flower & vibrational essences using
- Traditional Sun/water method
- other traditional methods e.g. boiling
- recent methods e.g. laser, crystal, geodes, environmental etc.
7. Dilutions of essences, pros & cons, current opinions, storage & amplification of flower & vibrational essences
8. Storage and amplification of flower & vibrational essences.
9. Awareness of current relations with regard to labelling & bottling
10. Discerning the qualities of essences
11. Understanding and overview of different essences from around the world
12. Use of essences in environment & horticultural situations
13. Business management, health & safety standards
15. Presentation of case studies
16. Anatomy & Physiology to a minimum of 30 hours.
17. Listening skills (counselling) to a minimum of 8 hours study
18. Supervision of therapy sessions throughout the course
19. MYMOPOther subjects may be introduced.
Evidence of insurance cover for courses must be provided and the Tutor must agree to distribute to all students the BFVEA Course Evaluation Forms, that are then sent directly back to the BFVEA.
Distant Learning Courses
Following the AGM on March 16th 2002, items 3, 6, 17, 18 plus client management must be tutor led. The rest may be distance-learned as long as it is equivalent to no more than 80% of the tutor-led course. Postal courses covering the whole of the guidelines remain outside BFVEA recognition.
Successful students from BFVEA Accredited courses can be immediately accepted as BFVEA Advanced Practitioner Members. n.b. An Anatomy & Physiology qualification is required for all BFVEA members.
Many Tutors offering the full BFVEA course accept people wishing to attend small sections of their course, as study towards Practitioner Membership. Please approach the individual tutors offering BFVEA Accredited courses.